LABIAPLASTY (VAGINAL REJUVENATION)
LABIAPLASTY (LABIA REDUCTION)
Many women suffer from enlarged labia minora (the inner genital lips). Some may not like the feeling or appearance of their large, uneven or thick labia, which can sometimes extend beyond the labia majora (the outer lips). Others may be bothered by labial irritation while conducting normal activities, or may find it difficult to keep the labial area clean. Still others may experience pain during intercourse, sports or other vigorous activities.
The surgery is usually done in our accredited office surgery facility, under local anesthesia combined with intravenous sedation (twilight sleep). Sutures are dissolving, and full recovery typically takes seven to 10 days.
Labiaplasty reduces large labia or reshapes uneven labia, improving their appearance and reducing associated discomfort. During the labiaplasty procedure, the surgeon trims excess labial tissue and recreates the edges of the labia with a natural-looking color and shape. The results of labiaplasty can:
- Improve the appearance of the genital area
- Boost self-confidence
- Reduce discomfort caused by clothes rubbing against the labia
- Eliminate pain caused by large labia during intercourse
- Improve or restore sexual satisfaction that was hampered by large labia
- May be done on its own or as part of a "mommy makeover"